|Eritrea/Ethiopia Border Skirmishes mutually confirmed, but it is now over- RFI|
13 June 2016
After confirming Eritrea border skirmishes, Ethiopia's Information Minister today told Radio France International (RFI), that "as we speak there is little if any in the way of fighting."
"Ethiopia's information minister told RFI on Monday that Ethiopian forces carried out a counter attack against Eritrean troops who had attacked Ethiopian positions. Getachew Reda said the Ethiopian army had neutralised the threat, but did not give details of casualties, saying it was a serious offensive, not just a simple skirmish. Eritrea's government had late on Sunday issued a statement saying Ethiopia had been responsible for launching an attack in the Tsorana Central Front area.", RFI
Listen to RFI report below: